Sunday, October 22, 2006

We survived Sara Kate's first birthday party!

Daddy & his princess
Zoe & Sara Kate
kitchen
Eric did that all by himself!
Sara Kate's princess cake
Sara Kate's princess room

Hey everyone! We survived Sara Kate's first birthday party. There were about 12 kids including Sara Kate and 15 adults so we had a great crowd. It was so fun seeing all the kids dressed up. Sara Kate kept her princess crown on for about the first 20 minutes of the party and then she threw it off never to be worn again through the party! Oh well! The kids enjoyed playing outside and Sara Kate loved sitting in the ball pit with her friend Zoe. I was glad the kids had a good time, it's so hard planning for different age groups. Everyone snacked, played outside, and had cake. Sara Kate liked everyone singing to her, she loves attention! I think she gets that from Eric! She screamed though when we tried to put her in her high chair for her cake so we didn't get to do that with everyone here. My friend from bible study made SK's cake and it was so pretty and tasted good too. My neighbor also came over Friday and decorated the dining room and kitchen for us. I was so thankful b/c I don't know what I would've done without her help! Eric was dreading having to do it so bad so he was thrilled when he got home from work Friday and most of it was decorated. He did put up the streamers and balloons in the living room and he was so proud of himself! I've included a few pictures from her party but most of them will be on our website. We took almost 150 pictures so I'll try to get most of them up today or tomorrow! The party was so much fun but we wish our family and friends could've been here too! Enjoy all the pictures!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything was beautiful!! Sara Kate was a doll!! ANd that cake was so pretty! I'm sure you hated to cut it. Wish Papa and I could have been there! WE sure do enjoy the pictures!! love yall, Nana

Anonymous said...

I just loved all the pictures. Sk was a beautiful princess! The house was decorated beautifully, and the cake was something out of a picture book! Sara "Cake" will love looking at these pictures when she gets older. I can't wait to show them to Aubrey and Anna. They'll be glued to the computer screen. Love, Aunt Tara

lauren said...

it looks like it was truly a party for a princess! everything was so cute, most especially the b'day girl. the cake is amazing! can't wait to tell john that eric decorated the mantel :) so glad y'all had a great time, wish we could have come and celebrated with you. love you!
lauren

Anonymous said...

Everything looked so cute, just like something out of a magazine! But, I knew it would!:) Sara Kate was adorable in her outfit and she looked like a perfect little princess! We wish we could have been there for the big day, but we are glad it was such a success! Love ya- M

Anonymous said...

My birthday princess celebrated her 1st birthday just like a real princess. Her Mom and Dad worked hard to make sweet memories. Thanks to Eric and Tanya for sharing these memories with Gigi and Pa. Tell Sara kate that I must find her the story of the Princess and the Pea!!

Also Pa called me in his office early this morning and said look at these pics! I said that I have already!

We sure hate we were not there to celebrate the first birthday of our princess. We love our princess and her caretakers! Gigi and Pa

Anonymous said...

Your dad is so cute!