Thursday, October 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Sara Kate!


Eating my yummy cupcake!

Giving Mommy a kiss!

Happy Birthday to me!

Wow, has a year already gone by? Sara Kate turned one and I survived my first year of being a Mom! It has been a wonderful year and I feel truly blessed to have such a sweet little girl. We had a really good day today. It started off with Sara Kate waking up at 6:45 this morning, she usually sleeps until 7:30. Eric just missed seeing her awake. She got up, ate a good breakfast, got food all over herself, had a bath (she loves a bath!) and then took a long nap. I tried to get a lot done during this time b/c when she's awake, I get NOTHING done! So, after she got up from her nap we went and bought her some spiffy new shoes, thanks Nana & Papa! They squeak everytime she walks and she loves hearing it. Maybe these will make her walk sooner. After getting new shoes, we went and ate at Chick-Fil-A. I really enjoyed having lunch, just the two of us. Sara Kate was so cute and loved watching all the people in there. Our last stop was Target, her favorite store. She loves Target! She'll just look around and babble through the whole store!

We got home and Sara Kate loved getting all the birthday wishes. Thanks for all the calls and emails! We really wish that we could be home with you all but it will just make it even more sweeter when we can spend birthdays together in the future! I made cupcakes for her today. She loved eating the cake and I guess the sugar made her stay up until almost 9:30. She normally goes to bed at 8:30! Oh well, you only turn one once! :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! my goodnes how cute! Nana wishes she had been there to have a cupcake too! Of course, GiGi's pound cake would have been better! It's good to see a picture of mama too! love and kisses, Nana

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! She is so adorable! Wish we were there with y'all! Love ya- M

Anonymous said...

I meant to send yall birthday wishes but my life made me forget. Happy belated birthday SK! She looks so cute! Grace loves chic-fil-a too-she can eat a whole 4 pack kid's meal by herself and then we trade her toy for an icedream. Well so glad she had a good birthday. I love the kiss pic too.
Carrie