Sunday, September 06, 2009

Recipe

Poppy Seed Chicken

Ingredients:
2 to 4 flash frozen chx breast in the bag ( it doesn't have to be frozen)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. sour cream
salt & pepper
1 sleeve ritz crackers
poppy seeds
butter or olive oil

You don't have to de-thaw chx if you don't have time. Salt & pepper chx on one side. Mix soup & sour cream together and pour over chx. Crush in your hand the crackers & sprinkle all over cream mixture, then melt 1/2 to 1 stick butter & pour over the crackers. Sprinkle your poppy seeds all over that (cover good with the seeds). Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 min. to one hr. depending on how many breast & if frozen or not. Take foil off and cover another 10 min. Serve over noodles.

A friend of mine brought me this when I had Shepherd and it was really yummy. She gave me the recipe and I thought I would share it since it's really easy & good. Hope you all try it and love it too!

1 comment:

The Trombleys said...

It was sooooo yummy! I think I am going to switch to your recipe b/c mine wasn't nearly as good as yours. Mine called for 2 cans crm of (whatever) soup and 1 8 oz pk crm cheese so it made A LOT of the sauce. I did about 5 chicken breasts and I think I could have done 8 or 9. I also didn't s/p my chicken which I should have. It turned out ok with angel hair pasta. I think I do prefer the fettucine noodles though!

Thanks for sharing your recipe!!