Monday, March 02, 2009

Shepherd is here!


Friday morning I went for my 39 wk. checkup. My blood pressure was a little high so Eric asked if they would consider inducing me since my Mama would be out here and since my blood pressure was high. I didn't really think they would but before I knew it, I was laying in bed with an i.v. hooked up. We were thrilled to go ahead and have him. I knew Mama would be here the next day and I was so excited to know when little Shepherd would arrive. Shepherd Taylor Flynt was born at 2:39 a.m. on Feb. 28. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 10.3 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. Black hair and blue eyes. Thank you Lord for a safe delivery!
getting all cleaned up

love at first sight!

proud Daddy showing off his son's foot prints

Right after Shepherd was born, he would pucker out his botton lip. This was him getting a bath for the first time
all clean after his bath

my neighbor Kathy, her son Aiden & Shepherd
Sara Kate coming in to meet Shepherd for the first time
so excited that Shepherd is here!
the first of many kisses!
already wanting to hold baby brother
such a great big sis!
Rebecca holding Shep
Nathan and Shepherd
We had the nurse bring Sara Kate a baby doll too. She even wrapped up baby doll Sandy and gave it to her. She told SK that the baby was born that day at Wilford Hall, just like her baby brother. SK was so excited and LOVES her baby!

leaving the hospital headed home on Sunday
sweet kisses
Nana & Shepherd

SK "holding" Shepherd for first time (these pics. were from Nana's camera)

Rachel and Shepherd. Rachel will be having her own little boy soon!
Ginny & Shepherd
Mommy & Shep after a LONG night! :)
but totally worth it
all ready to go home
Daddy with SK & Shep

Thank you Lord for baby Shepherd!

13 comments:

Marsha said...

Oh he is so adorable!!! I am so glad he has arrived and both of you are doing well.
Marsha

Hurst Family said...

He is so beautiful!! So excited for you!! Give him lots of hugs and kisses for me..
love, Aunt Tara

Katherine said...

Congratulations! He's precious. I know you and Eric are happy he's here.

Katie Ingram said...

Oh Tanya! He is adorable! I just love him already! I will call you tomorrow! I know you are enjoying you mom being out there!!! love you!

Anonymous said...

How Great is Our God!!! We are praising the Lord for your fearfully and wonderfully made little Shep! Love him alreday! I just have to say...is that a little Eric or what!? Can't wait to see more pictures in the days to come.
Jordan and Lily :)

Anonymous said...

Gigi cannot wait to get her hands on baby Shepherd!

He is so precious!

gigi

King's Krew said...

He is so beautiful ! I am so excited for you guys ! You have such a sweet and precious family !

congratulations !!!!

Laci

Anonymous said...

Shepard, this is Papa. I'm sure glad you got here safely and thank you for taking good care of your mother. I do believe you look a bit like me. Looks like your big sister is taking very good care of you. When you get a couple weeks old, you can send nana home. Hugs and Kisses!!!
Love you all, Papa

Carrie said...

He is so handsome! SK will love being a big sister. I must say at 1st glance he looks like his mama;) I sent yall a package I guess the day you were induced so the card will read like you haven't had him yet...oops!

lauren said...

he is so handsome!!! i think he looks like his mommy and his papa :) sk is precious with him. isn't it just the best thing in the world? love you all!
lauren (for all the fortneys)

Bechtel Family said...

Oh he is just precious Tanya! You all look great!! From the pics he does favor you and your dad! How sweet! Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

I heard he was a cutie and had to check him out! Many blessings to your sweet family! Janie Greene (Ellie's Banty)

Krystle said...

He is precious!. You have a beautiful family :)