Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

Hey everyone! It's so nice to be able to post pictures again! I'm still working on figuring out the whole posting video thing but hopefully I'll have that down soon. We're all doing great. Sara Kate went this week to the eye doctor and we found out that she does need glasses. I had a feeling she would, her left eye has been turning in some so I knew it was coming. She also has to wear a patch, we call it her pirate patch, for 3 hrs. a day over her good eye so her weak eye will become stronger. She wore it today for the whole 3 hrs., we were so proud of her! I tried yesterday but she wasn't liking it too good & cried and kept trying to pull it off! I was so discouraged. That was my prayer request last night at bible study that she would be content with wearing it. God is just so good! Today she did great and it didn't even bother her. She ran around like her normal self.

Eric and I are going tomorrow to pick out her glasses, we're thinking pink? ;) Her eyes aren't too terribly bad but the docs wanted to go ahead and put her in glasses so that her sight would hopefully get better and one day she may not even need them. I'm anxious to see how she does with them, she doesn't like sunglasses but God is good and faithful and I know he'll take care of her. Please keep SK in your prayers, that she'll adjust to wearing glasses and keep doing good with the eye patch.
Here are some pics. from July and this month. We had such a great time when my family came out here. I couldn't believe Granny came to Texas!! We were so happy to see my parents and Granny & were sad to see them leave. Enjoy the pictures!


Sara Kate staring at the duck
Maysen & SK feeding the ducks
posing for a pic at the duck pond

SK & Naomi having a deep conversation
Papa & Nana at the River Walk

Granny teaching Sara Kate how to spit ;)
Papa reading one of many stories to SK
Granny pushing SK around in her "baby" stroller
Lunch at the River Walk
Nana, SK & Papa
Looking out at the river
Granny, Nana & SK taking a break from shopping at the Outdoor World
Another River Walk pic
Shopping again!
This is what Papa did while we shopped!



Playing in the sprinkler with Naomi

Cheese!

Having a lunch with "Nomi"as SK calls her
Sweet moments with Daddy


Sara Kate always wants to hold the camera now. This is her reaching up for it.
This is her reaction when I wouldn't hand over the camera!

Playing at Pump it Up with Maysen

Pooped!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, the pictures are so good!!! Nana, Papa and Granny had a wonderful time in TExas! I loved the pictures at the duck pond and of Sara Kate and "Nomi". LOve yall, nana

Carrie said...

She's precious. I know she and Grace will be big friends when they finally meet:) I think the monkey "leash" is so cute.

Bechtel Family said...

Looks like y'all are having a fun filled summer! Wish we could be there! I especially love SK's backpack "leash"! :)

lauren said...

sk is so beautiful!! she will be precious in her new glasses. all the toddlers will want them after they see her :) we'll be praying she adjusts well. love all 3 of you!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of your parents for getting on a plane! The pictures are so cute. SK is growing up so fast! lots of love, Aunt Holly