Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Pics, Finally!

Sorry it's taken so long to post pictures! Sara Kate was sick over New Year's and I haven't felt too good for the past two days. But, Sara Kate's Mom's Morning Out program started back today so I figured now was a good time to post pictures. Sara Kate always thinks she's supposed to "check her email" while I'm on the computer so it makes it hard to get anything done!
We had a great Christmas, we stayed here since we just went home for Thanksgiving. I actually cooked Christmas Eve dinner for Eric's residents at work. He had to work over Christmas so I took everyone supper that night. I thought I was being smart by preparing the food the night before and ordering a turkey and dressing. Well, I went to pick up the turkey two hrs. before I was supposed to take the food and it was frozen!! I didn't know what to do. I called my neighbor next door and she came rushing over to help. She took the turkey and dressing while I cooked the other food. Eric was supposed to come home, help me load up all the food, and then we were going to drive back home together. Well, he was unable to come since they admitted so many patients. I had tons of food, a 3 yr. old and I had no idea how I would get it all done. Thankfully my neighbor Kathy came to the rescue again. She came over helped me get Sara Kate dressed and loaded up my car. Well, right before we were about to leave, Sara Kate pooped on the potty (which I was proud she did) but she slid off the potty and got poop all over the toilet and herself. The food was in the car but now I had a poopy child. I could've cried. So, I did what every good mother does, I wiped her off the best I could and threw her clothes on and put her in the car, no bath needed! :) On my way to the car, I dropped one of my pecan pies. That was about my breaking point. So, I put it in the car and hoped for the best! I prayed the turkey was done, my food was good, and that my child didn't smell like poop! Luckily Eric was able to help me get the food out of my car and the food tasted pretty good, or the residents felt sorry for Eric's pregnant wife and told me it was good! :)
Here is a picture of Sara Kate opening up her jewelry box. About 2 weeks before Christmas I was in my bedrm when I heard Sara Kate say, "Oh, I love it! It's beautiful!" I came running around the corner and this is what I found. She had unwrapped her Christmas present. I thought it was cute the first time and took this picture. Well, she did it again a couple of days later and unwrapped about 7 presents! That was not so cute!
Sara Kate on her last day of school before Christmas break.
That night we went out with our friends the Gowder's to Cracker Barrel. That always makes us feel like we're back home in GA!
The weekend before Christmas, Sara Kate's friend Zoe had her 3rd birthday party. Santa came and gave out presents to all the kids. Here's Sara Kate and Naomi playing with Zoe's baby dolls.
Playing play-doh. I told SK not to eat it so she gets it as close to her mouth and looks at me and smiles. She must get that from Eric! :)
waiting patiently for Santa to arrive
Sara Kate actually walked up to Santa and got her present. This was a really big deal for her!
singing happy birthday to Zoe
Sara Kate and the birthday girl

That night Eric had to work so SK and I went to Petco to get Abby some Christmas presents. They have buggies that are child's size and SK had the best time! We could've stayed in there for hours. When we went to check out, Sara Kate told the cashier, "I'm ready, let me get my money!" It was so cute!
Christmas Eve morning. SK was watching Mickey Mouse Christmas with Kitty.
Christmas Eve morning we met our friends Naomi and Abby at the park. The weather was nice and Abby & SK had a great time. It was nice having something to do that morning since Eric had to work and we couldn't be at home with family. We later went and had Christmas Eve lunch at McDonald's!
Here we go!
Abby being very brave and sliding down the pole all by herself! SK stood back and cheered her on!
That night after we got back from eating my gourmet meal at the hospital with Eric and his residents, SK opened up her presents. We weren't quite sure how we were going to do it since Eric had to be back up at the hospital Christmas morning around 6:00. So, when Eric got home that night, he put SK in the bath tub and Santa came. We kept telling her that we thought we heard something in the living room. She came running out of the bathroom so excited. She loved all her new toys!
She loved her new baby boy doll and stroller!
Sara Kate LOVES her strollers so I thought Santa did good with this one! She pushes her baby which she named Sam all around the house. (Sam was one of the names that we liked for our baby boy but Sara Kate named him Sheperd instead.) So, we officially have a name for this little one, Sheperd Taylor Flynt! It's a little different but since SK named him, we love it.
SK has a dr. coat just like daddy.
Daddy playing with SK in her new doll house.
checking out her stocking
I posted this pic. because you can see Abby playing with her Rudolph that Santa left her in the background.
She loves her Sleeping Beauty d.v.d. that Granddaddy and Bebe gave her. Thank you!
Look at all those presents!
She loved her baby diaper bags!

We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay...new pictures! I looks like Miss Sara Kate had a great Christmas.

King's Krew said...

Glad to see that Miss Sarah Kate had a good Christmas ! Ellie is pretty sick right now, but when she gets better we need to get together ! Also, I still need that info on the mothers day out ... and gymnastics !

thanks !
laci

Hurst Family said...

The pictures are great! And the stories were hillarious, too!
love you all

Bechtel Family said...

I am so glad y'all had a good Christmas. I could just see you delivering the meals-too funny!! The poop was the best to top everything off!!:)

Carrie said...

Love the pics. I didn't take many on my camera so I'm still waiting to post mine:) She is getting so big-I feel like I know her even though we STILL haven't gotten them together...thank God for blogs!

LeAnn Ray said...

Loved the food story! All I could do is think of the time you "tried" to slice tomatoes at Shellie's for Ashil & Carl's shower. You have came a long way since then. Thanks for sharing your story & making me laugh!

Take care,
LeAnn