Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Eric's graduation & Gigi's trip to Texas

Eric & a few of his friends right before graduation

My sweet friend Rebecca got a sitter for her 2 kids and came to Eric's graduation. I'm so glad she did b/c I left my camera in the car and she went with me to go and get it. That was the only thing Eric had asked me to do, not forget my camera so I could get a group shot of everyone and of course, I left it in the car! We had to ride a shuttle that was carrying everyone to and from the parking lot to the graduation and I probably never would've found my car without her! She even had the shuttle driver wait on us while we ran to the car!
E & his proud Mom

Right after graduation
Mrs. Gayle surprised Eric and flew into San Antonio for his graduation. My friend Rachel picked her up from the airport and drove her to our house. Eric came to the door and SURPRISE! His mom was at our door! He was so surprised. I was at the beach when she flew in and got home the next day. It was so nice having her here. SK loved having Gigi here and got to do many fun things. Saturday we got up early and went to Wildlife Ranch where you drive an African safari. A lot of the animals will come right up to the car and eat feed out of your hands. I was too chicken to do that but Mrs. Gayle got to feed and pet a zebra. SK loved it too. We got to see deer, zebras, gazelles, rhinoceros, camels, ostrich, donkeys, peacocks, giraffes & a few others. The drive is also very beautiful. We had so much feed and Sara Kate kept throwing it at the animals and would say, "Come get your hamburger!" After we did the safari we went to the Natural Bridge caverns. That was really neat too. Poor Eric had to hold SK the whole time but it wasn't very long so it wasn't too bad. That was a really neat experience too. That night we went to the Rainforest Cafe at the Riverwalk. We got there around 5 so we beat most of the crowd. The food was delicious and SK liked watching all the different animals. We had a great but tiring Saturday! I've posted a few of the pictures we took that day. Enjoy!
SK's first time petting a goat!

Posing with Daddy outside the lemur cages
she fell in love with giraffes
look at that face! she told me "Mama, take my picture" we did end up buying her a smaller giraffe!

now looking at the real giraffe
since you only go about 5-10 mph b/c the animals are constantly blocking the road, SK was able to sit upfront and really take in all the different animals.

this deer came right up to the car for some feed
Gigi petting the zebra. SK wasn't that brave! She does have a little of me in her! :)

My sweet girl & me in the cavern

the whole fam

about to go inside. the sign in the back reminds people not to touch the walls.
inside the cavern. isn't that neat?

SK & Kitty inside Rainforest Cafe

E & Gigi after a long, hot day
SK sporting her new glasses

on our way back home. what a fun day!













4 comments:

Bechtel Family said...

Ahhh, Eric looks like a handsome Doctor! Congrats to him! SK is adorable as always and it looked like y'all had a fun time!:)

Bechtel Family said...

Oh, I forgot to mention how crazy that is that the animals come right up to the car window. I didn't realize that but how neat!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing the pics but enjoyed live better! I had a great time being a Texan with my family. The trips to the cave and the safari were so much fun. I love to make memories for Sara Kate. Gigi is definitely proud of Eric and very graeful that I saw him graduate once more!

Love and kisses to my Flynt Family,
Gigi

Hurst Family said...

I loved looking at all the pictures and seeing what you all have done lately. Congratulations to Eric and thank God for such a sweet friend, Rebecca! What would you do without her? I could never be that bold to ask a driver to sit and wait on me! That is so great you all had such wonderful things to do while Gigi visited! I know Sara Kate will miss her!