Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bye, Bye Baby Bed

Well, I knew this day would eventually come.  Sara Kate has out grown her baby bed. :(  I have to say that it does make me sad.  My baby is no longer a baby but a toddler!  It all started yesterday during nap time.  I put her in her bed, turned on her music, made sure she had Kitty and blanket and walked out of the room.  The garbage truck came by and within a few minutes I heard her crying.  I was about to go in her room when I walked in the living room and guess who met me?  Sara Kate!  I couldn't believe that she had gotten out of her bed, opened up her bedroom door and walked into the living room.  Before I could say anything she said, "Hey Mama!" with a huge grin on her face.  I said, "Did you climb out of your bed" and she replied, "yeah".  I was in shock because this is the same child that has never climbed on furniture or showed any interest in climbing at all.  She is now sleeping in her pack and play until Eric and I can go and get her a big girl bed which we will probably go and do today.  It will be hard on me to move her baby bed out of her room since that will definitely mean she's getting older.  I can't believe my baby is growing up!  She's so much fun and fills my life with such joy.  She's so fun and makes me laugh daily.  Thank you Jesus for my little toddler!

4 comments:

Bechtel Family said...

Oh my goodness! I bet you were in shock!!! She is growing up way to fast! I just loved seeing her while y'all were here! She is a precious little girl! Happy hunting for a "big" girl bed!:)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you made it that long-lucky you! There are many new benfits to the "big girl bed" though. I think it's time for yall to consider someone else sleeping in that baby bed too:)
Good to read more I've been wondering!
Carrie

lauren said...

i know how you feel! it's so hard to see them grow up. i fight that feeling constantly. the big girl bed is a huge step :) i know she will transition great! love y'all!

The Preston Family said...

yes, we are in a big girl bed too....